Exult Logo

Home | Download | Documentation | FAQ | Studio | Screen Shots
Development | Discussion | About Us | Letters | History | Links

Exult Discussion
Before posting, make sure you've read the FAQ and searched the message board for previous discussions. When reporting problems/bugs, please include details about your setup (Exult version, OS, sound and video cards).

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 FYI
Author: Nitemare89 (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date:   06-22-17 08:58

Hello all, just throwing this out here while I was on eBay tonight I found a listing from some one trying to make a profit from Exult. I didn't know any other way to reach out on here so I thought I would make a post about it. I already reported the seller but just wanted to put the listing in case your team wanted to take action against him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282513904062

Reply To This Message

Re: FYI
Author: Dominus 
Date:   06-22-17 11:23

Nothing we can do about it. GPL does allow that...

--
Read the documentation and the FAQ are your friends! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!

Reply To This Message

Author: Colourless Dragon 
Date:   06-23-17 01:53

It's a shitty thing to do, but legally allowed if they provide the source code to the exact used version/provide a means to obtain the source code when requested.

Some projects include a notification in the program that it is FOSS and uses GPL to make it a known when using the program that it should be Free.

Reply To This Message

Author: dag (---.lsn8.wtnet.de)
Date:   06-23-17 16:42

One of the few disadvantages of GPL :(

Well, I hope people just google "exult" before making a dumb purchase...

Reply To This Message

Author: galneon 
Date:   06-25-17 00:14

Wow, look at the guy's feedback. He is successfully selling copies of VLC for $10-20.

I know what's wrong with this guy (he's a horrible person), but what is wrong with the fools paying him? :/ If they just need portability, they can buy a $5 flashdrive.

Reply To This Message

Author: Gotcha (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date:   06-25-17 15:34

It's unbelievable how low some people can go for a quick buck.
That cretin is a waste of oxygen.

Reply To This Message

Author: DrCode (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date:   07-13-17 23:44

I don't think the customers will be happy when they realize it's useless without a copy of Ultima7.

Reply To This Message
 Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
 Subject:

SourceForge   phorum.org

Problems with Exult or this webpage? Contact us.
Last modified: 24 Oct 2001(GMT)