Exult Logo

Home | Download | Documentation | FAQ | Studio | Screen Shots
Development | Discussion | About Us | Letters | History | Links

Exult Discussion
Before posting, make sure you've read the FAQ and searched the message board for previous discussions. When reporting problems/bugs, please include details about your setup (Exult version, OS, sound and video cards).

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Snapshots?
Author: cookymonsta (45.56.159.---)
Date:   04-11-17 04:28

Hi guys, I'm totally new to Exult, so please forgive me if my question seems rather stupid.

I'm trying to install and run Exult with Ultima7, which I got using the installer, and that gave me version 1.4.9rc1. Now I've been reading the faq and forums and I hear that this version is not stable and also contains some gamebreaking bugs. So I try to use the snapshots. This is where my problem comes in.

1. I have absolutely no idea what to do with the snapshot files or whatever.
Can anyone possibly provide me a stepbystep on how to install / update my version to whatever is the latest? I tried searching the discussions, but no thread shows up. The faq explains what the snapshot is, but not how to use it, or maybe i just didn't understand.

2. I tried messing around and downloaded the Exultwin32.exe file and tried running that, but it gives me the following error:

Runtime Error (at -1:0):

Cannot Import
dll:C:\Users\blahblah~1\Appdata\Local\Temp\is-V21LB.tmp\exconfig.dll.

I don't have a whole lot of time for games, which kind of makes me not really want to spend days/weeks on a version that might end up in a gamebreaking bug and me going HULKSMASH on my laptop. If any kindly virtuous soul could help me out, I would love you so much.

I'm running the GOG version of Ultima 7.

Reply To This Message

Re: Snapshots?
Author: Dominus 
Date:   04-11-17 05:49

Please redownload (don't use a download manager) the snapshot and run that. It should be the normal installer.

What's your operating system and is it 32bit or 64bit?

--
Read the documentation and the FAQ are your friends! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-11-17 06:46

I'm running windows 8, 64bit.

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-11-17 07:08

You might also need to reboot your Windows. It looks as if it somehow choked on the installer. But also redownload it.

--
Read the documentation and the FAQ are your friends! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!

Reply To This Message

Author: KC (---.sub-174-192-8.myvzw.com)
Date:   04-11-17 09:32

Are you downloading from the Download link in the header of this page?

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-12-17 18:34

Yup, I'm grabbing it from the download link above. The download speed is horrigible though. Might just be the crappy internet I'm getting in China right now.

Question: Should I delete 1.4.9rc1 first before using the installer?

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-12-17 22:33

Just install it over.

--
Read the Rules!

Reply To This Message
 Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
 Subject:

SourceForge   phorum.org

Problems with Exult or this webpage? Contact us.
Last modified: 24 Oct 2001(GMT)