Exult Logo

Home | Download | Documentation | FAQ | Studio | Screen Shots
Development | Discussion | About Us | Letters | History | Links

Exult Discussion
Before posting, make sure you've read the FAQ and searched the message board for previous discussions. When reporting problems/bugs, please include details about your setup (Exult version, OS, sound and video cards).

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 UI_create_barge_object intrinsic
Author: agentorangeguy 
Date:   03-15-17 16:23

I've noticed the UI_create_barge_object intrinsic doesn't work. I tried to use it but it wasn't declared. I looked up the actual number in the exult source code and it said 0xd5 so it should be there and useable like the others, but I couldn't get it to work. Is there a reason it isn't working?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/

Reply To This Message

Re: UI_create_barge_object intrinsic
Author: Knight Captain 
Date:   03-15-17 17:12

It compiled okay for me:
Quote:

var avatar_position = UI_get_object_position(AVATAR);
UI_create_barge_object(8, 8, NORTH);
UI_update_last_created([avatar_position]);

I'm not able to manipulate it the same way I can with one created manually in ES. Double-clicking on the code-created one does not do anything.

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-15-17 19:28

When I use "UI_create_barge_object" it tells me 'UI_create_barge_object' not declared. I'm using BG though. hmm..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-25-17 18:30

Did you check using the latest UCC.exe?

And did you create a bug for this? There's an issue with changing egg shapes as well, in that they aren't treated like they are "special" but just plain old shapes with no additional modifications available in ES. So this barge issue might be connected to that.

Reply To This Message

Author: DrCode (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date:   03-25-17 19:29

I can see why the eggs created in Usecode don't work, and am thinking about a solution. We might need to add a 'create_egg' intrinsic.

But the barges *ought* to work, so I'm looking at that too. Something's wrong...

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-25-17 20:10

I would lean towards a new egg intrinsic rather than adding to an existing intrinsic, both for troubleshooting purposes and simplicity for modders. It would be awesome to get all egg types available this way, not just Usecode eggs.

The only correlating fact I can see between these two shapes is that they work fine when added via ES, but not via Usecode.

Your help on these things is much appreciated, DrCode.

Reply To This Message

Author: DrCode (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date:   03-25-17 20:25

Playing around:

1. I noticed that creating a barge through the shape browser wasn't doing it correctly, so I'm fixing that.

2. But double-clicking a barge itself doesn't do anything; you need to have barge 'parts' on top of it. For example, placing a piece of the cart over the new barge and double-clicking that will execute code to find the barge, and then looks for a horse as well.

3. You probably already know that the 'e' key turns on display of eggs and barges. If the barge is created correctly, you'll see a yellow outline of its size, in addition to the red square. As a test, put a horse and a cart piece inside it and double-click one of them (BG).

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-26-17 12:51

wow didn't know that, thanks for all your work on these things DrCode!

Reply To This Message
 Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
 Subject:

SourceForge   phorum.org

Problems with Exult or this webpage? Contact us.
Last modified: 24 Oct 2001(GMT)