Date: 03-03-17 04:36
Oh seems I posted this into the wrong thread... Ok repost here :-)
#1 - I would like your mod add extra party members ?
The lack of quality party members from the original Serpent Isle really blew
- Boydon - Excellent party member... Unless he dies, Pagan-style (Really wish you could just drop him back into Erstam's machine w/o a phoenix egg to revive him. Would be annoying, but better than now...
- Petra - Excellent party member... Quite late as I remember, and won't stick around unless you cheese the game (Easy to do tho). Recruiting her the first time you go in Moonshade would be very interesting.
- Gweno - Excellent as well, will only join after Dupré's demise (so very late)
- Wilfred - Such a coward and it's unrealistic to hope to get to keep him.
- Automatons : all look the same, can't be trained, won' join party if already 3 companions
You can ask Luther to join you, but he always decline the offer.
Cantra was planned as recruitable? I remember seeing some art with her in the party. Kinda female version of Spark.
Getting Selina into the party as a permanent possibility would be nice too, unfortunately she's only a temporary companion.
I like the sprite for the female Monitorian knight and female ranger. Could make original companions out of them as well if you want to do it.
#2- Maybe with the adding back of enough companions we could get an 8-party like in ultima7 ? Of course when/if the combat gets fixed to vanilla SI levels it will bring back a touch of strategy, but more pack mules are fun.
#3- The Black Sword kinda blows in this game. Okay it's +1 a regular SI GreatSword, but in U7 it was what? 25 power? Maybe 13 power when empty, then add +4 power for each bane it hold. I agree about the conversation with the Banes. Man that would rock.
#4- Home is where the heart is. In U7p2 I merely took Monitor's ship hold and dropped it between two columns (NW) in the Dark Path. It serves me well but is no home ( It is practical tho). I wonder if there would be enough room around an exterior Serpent Gate somewhere... to actually make an abandoned (in good maintenance) mid-size house. With place for a store room (oooh, we can fill it ourselves), shelves for putting interesting books I gather during my adventures, and a nice bedroom. The house added with the key-ring mod in U7 was pretty good if only lacking a storeroom but you had mark/recall to get there quickly. This is entirely optional.
I feel what's most missing are big party and recruitable companions. Heck when Dupré sacrifices himself and you have Luther in the Party, he could have a long c0nversation with you about that and changes his dialogue because he aspires to be responsable/honorable like him (stuff like that).
Thanks for dedicating your time to make SI better. Until Ian Frasier is able to remake U7+U7p2 in one huge game as he'd like to do, Exult +mods are just the best ! :-)