Exult Logo

Home | Download | Documentation | FAQ | Studio | Screen Shots
Development | Discussion | About Us | Letters | History | Links

Exult Discussion
Before posting, make sure you've read the FAQ and searched the message board for previous discussions. When reporting problems/bugs, please include details about your setup (Exult version, OS, sound and video cards).

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 SI Stealing Objections
Author: Knight Captain 
Date:   01-31-17 15:32

These are still in the released game's Usecode, but strategically returned out. I am going to try adding them back in, because why not?

Reply To This Message

Re: SI Stealing Objections
Author: Dominus 
Date:   01-31-17 15:54

Because it is annoying? ;)

--
Read the documentation and the FAQ are your friends! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!

Reply To This Message

Author: Alexander (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date:   01-31-17 22:12

I say go for it. It's consistent with what they would do in Ultima 7. I always wondered why they stopped caring just because you weren't in Britannia any more. ;-)

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-01-17 11:13

I may include this using my nifty DEBUG_MODE global flag for now, at least for my own testing. Only the Three Companions are coded, so Gwenno and others won't care.

Reply To This Message

Author: Gotcha! (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date:   02-01-17 16:41

If you ever decide to mod it in, it might be a good idea to disable it after Batlin's death. I doubt there would be much protesting among our friends when we loot the homes of dead people.

Reply To This Message

Author: agentorangeguy 
Date:   02-01-17 17:51

Raiding the ruined cities for supplies was always fun, so I was usually a good Avatar before the bane release haha

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/

Reply To This Message

Author: Gotcha! (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date:   02-01-17 23:08

I'm always a good Avatar and never steal.
That Iolo though. For some reason items I like always seem to disappear into his pockets. Absolute scumbag that one.

Reply To This Message

Author: Incriptus (---.tukw.qwest.net)
Date:   02-02-17 07:30

My Iolo was addicted to potions, bandages and scrolls
Shamino would horde all the food
But it was Dupre, Dupre had a thing for money

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-11-17 20:33

But what if you play Silver Seed after the Banes are released, and Karnax says all the dead people will come back to life? You're still stealing from them, even if they're temporarily dead. ;-)

I'm imagining a Serpent Isle after the game where everyone comes back to life, amazed that they aren't dead, only to find all their possessions stolen and homes ransacked. I bet more than a few of them would wish they were still dead. :-)

Reply To This Message

Author: Gotcha (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date:   02-12-17 00:00

Hey, that's not my problem anymore. They were dead at some point: Who could expect everyone to suddenly be alive again?
No, no, I'm keeping my stuff. It's all MINE!

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-12-17 01:04

Surely the character who is routinely resurrected along with their companions would be the last person to imagine that others could also somehow come back to life. ;-)

Reply To This Message

Author: Dominus 
Date:   02-12-17 01:07

well, one could always claim the banes were responsible for all the looting :)

--
Read the documentation and the FAQ are your friends! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-12-17 01:50

Definitely the most Avatarlike approach. :-)

Now I'm just imagining the Serpent Isle population chasing the Companions back to the boat with torches and pitchforks (assuming they still have any left).

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-12-17 18:42

The arrest behavior is a bit off from how I remember it. It seems like many guards will appear and even after the first one is talked to the others still keep coming to ask the same question. I don't remember the original doing this.

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-12-17 19:33

Yes, I noticed that too, but forgot to mention it in my list of bugs I had.

I also remember a situation with the Fawn guards - I murdered Delphynia just to see what would happen, got thrown in jail after the guard gave the "Thou art a dog...thy place is behind stout iron bars!" dialogue, only to find about 5 or 6 more Fawn guards visiting me in my prison cell to tell me the exact same thing (which kept instant teleporting me back into the cell, even though the door was unlocked and I was trying to leave).

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-12-17 20:06

I wonder if the Black Gate has the same arresting issue?

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-13-17 19:51

I tried murdering people in Black Gate several times over just to get arrested, but couldn't for the life of me get a guard to begin dialogue, they just kept attacking.

However, I did notice once I died and was resurrected at the Fellowship shelter in Paws, a guard showed up and attacked me.

So it seems whatever causes guards to "forget" crimes committed before arrest/death isn't working right, in both BG and SI.

Reply To This Message
 Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
 Subject:

SourceForge   phorum.org

Problems with Exult or this webpage? Contact us.
Last modified: 24 Oct 2001(GMT)