Author: Gotcha! (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: 12-06-16 23:13
Pfew, those are some questions. I think you'd best ask those to mr. Garriott himself.
But hey, don't mind me trying to fill some gaps.
1) Probably devs either forgot to add that house or didn't deem it important enough since Selina's never in Moonshade anyway. What her specialty was is anyone's guess.
2) Maybe his stuff was taken by Fedabiblio.
3) I'm guessing there's a part of the Mountains that the player never sees and where he fled to. Those ruddy rocks need to grow somewhere. You can only find a few in a crate, not impressive.
5) Batlin has more goons, as proven in Shamino's Castle. (Diary and henchmen.) Perhaps Brunt and Deadeye are Batlin's right hands while they have their own men as well.
So I believe the dead bodies we see are just Brunt/Deadeye men that fell to ancient traps.
6) Maybe they stored their clothes somewhere. Afterall, it's warm inside these mountains.
7) I feel whoever made that DOS cheat menu had made a mistake in it, incorrectly assuming the Avatar is npc 1, not 0. So it'd add Shamino, Iolo and Dupre (2, 3 and 4, which of course should have been 1, 2 and 3) to your party.
But who knows.
8) I am 100% sure the goblins didn't have this armour and swampboots in the original game, since I never had more than 1 pair of swampboots during my playthroughs. I never quite understood why Exult changed this, but I welcomed it. Swamp boots rock.
9) Arcadion knows that one. :o)
10) I feel a lot of time has passed after Batlin dies, since, well, so much happened once you return to the world of the living. A pity the game doesn't really reflect this, since you can teleport to anywhere in an instant.
They should have made the Avatar black out once the banes take over.
So Hazard had been gradually killing them while you were visiting Batlin.
11) Some people are simply like that.
12) He needs them to keep an eye on Berryl while he sleeps. And, well, he's not the kind of guy who does any work himself, so that's also what they're for I guess.
14) Since Britannia, Earth and Pagan all have humans living there I guess gargoyles might appear in more worlds as well.
Or they all came from that eerie red portal near Fawn and found refuge in Furnace. I can't recall Zhelkas giving any hint about how long they've been there. Does he?
15) One's protected by an insane undead/bone dragon and people might know its terrifying history, the other is firmly locked down and trapped.
Maybe people tried getting in, succeeded, were never seen again and other people just decided to stay away from these places.